Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's all in the cars

Why is it when the mechanic calls, I suddenly can't intelligently utter the most basic thing?
Like "Check the shocks, struts and ball joints, please." It's more a bunch of garbled stuttering. And I look like a blond woman. Oh wait. Heh. But, I mean, really. Having me talk to a mechanic is about as smart as owning a pet Tiger. Some day you are just going to be eaten alive. I'm just saying. Sure, I can eventually get three words out, but if you don't know exactly what they are and exactly what they do (I have a general idea) the mechanic can figure that out in two seconds flat. Next time I'm going to hand him a note and pretend I'm deaf. Except I don't know what I'll do when the kids start running around uncontrollably. Well, at least it gives me a good excuse to drive Zane's truck. Cuz you know I want to. If you haven't seen it, all I need to say is: we paid cash for it. Ha. It's nice. I won't lie. My favorite thing about it is that you need to wind down the window to open the door. Izzy told me, "No fair! I want to do that." I know, Izzy, I know. That's what everyone says. And if they can't drive that, they want the minivan. We're classy folks. The only thing that could possibly top that was Aimee's old Saturn. That thing was mint. Well, almost. It was actually seafoam green. 'Cept that spot held up by duct tape. That was grey.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindi,
I.CAN'T.STOP.LAUGHING.

Wonder if Izzy will want to do that in several years to come?:)

Kristy

Kari said...

that car was mint and i miss it. and i did get the pleasure of riding in Zane's truck to Benjamin Franklin one time. would Zane think about selling that thing? I've always wanted one.

Katie said...

Benjamin Franklin??? Where the heck was I and how come I didn't know there even is one around? And also, I love how you are so politically correct nowadays Mindi, and don't disclose the true nickname of the *i**mobile. It's a gem of a vehicle and you should be honored to be the wife of such a exquisite vehicle owner. And purple pride is almost as cool. I aspire to be as proud of my automobiles as you someday, as you can see I am getting there...now excuse me while I go spray paint the van lime green.

Katie said...

Okay, just remembered we had a Benjamin in town....as you can tell I was a frequent shopper.

Anonymous said...

Mint is right. I shouldda just called it the mint machine because it was pretty much mint. Sigh, man do I miss the seafoam. Grey duct tape and all. At least the thing was plastic so it never did dent from the little hit it took, instead it just fell apart.

Leanne said...

Really? Not one comment in that whole post about either cutlass supreme? I'm ashamed of you, mindi. Those cars were our life and you just brush over them like they never existed. Hmph.

Leanne said...

ps that was a hilarious blog post. thanks for the giggle.

MindiJo said...

Leanne- I think those cars were actually nice at the time. Big difference. Big. Although they did cross my mind this morning. Weird.

Leanne said...

true. they were really nice. i wish i still had mine, in fact.