Friday, December 17, 2010

The Rundown: December

*Kids shouldn't have trials. That's what I think.
*Logan's cooped up energy equals a lot more taunting of little sisters. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. We joined a gym. This gym has activities for kids, too. WAHOOOOO! Even Logan. He can swim while we workout. How great is that?

*I am so happy to be at a gym again! It is so good for me in so many, many ways. I took a core class the other day. I'm still paying for it, btw. Love that! The instructor came up to me after class and asked if I have ever taken classes before, because I had correct form. I just smiled and said, "Yes. Yes, I have." No need to elaborate. They won't have certain expectations if I don't tell them the truth. Oh, and just so you know, we planked for five minutes. Five. We varied it, but it was still five minutes. Dude. That makes us superwomen. And you can't deny it. The longest I have ever planked for was 2-3 minutes. Of course I am bragging! Duh. You would be, too, if you planked that long.

*In reality, Logan's hip program is going well. It still stinks to watch him go through this. Every once in a while, I throw in a pep talk for him (partially for me, too) to let him know that we will get through this. Period. And we will do it as a family. Period. He is not alone. I really admire that little guy. He's tough. So very thankful for that. Inner strength is such a blessing.

*The Pox turned out to be nothing more than a reason for Haley to stay home and play. Thank you! And while she entertained her sisters, I baked bread. Fresh soft pretzels. All sorts of new things. And we made it through a week without Z. He came home bearing Green Chile Pistachios, but not Tamales. :*( I let him in the house, anyway.

*And I didn't rejoin the Soccer team. I felt like we need to focus on getting our family active during these cold winter months. It's more of a priority than soccer at the moment. Soccer would have stretched me thin, had I joined. Life's too busy.

*We are switching up Christmas this year. We'll have relatives to spend Christmas Eve with for once! Yay! Zane's aunt and cousin. And so I'm doing a Christmas brunch for us to enjoy on Christmas morning. My Christmas gifts this year are fantastic, IMO. I'm thinking it's a no-returns kind of Christmas. In this house, anyway.

*I'm basically prepared for Christmas, how about you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see a post today...I needed it:)

Jealous. I think that I have planked for a little over 30 seconds. You are super woman. I can't remember the last time that I did any sort of plank (it is hard).

I have two Christmas celebrations this weekend, I better be prepared:)

Kristy

Tara said...

I'm admiring the plank accomplishment, big time. I am going to join a step aerobics class, followed by Core and more, so looking forward to that. Hope to finish up my shopping this weekend, in preparation for Christmas activities that start the night before Christmas Eve...can't wait!! I'm also loving my gifts this year, I think I hit a homer so far.

Larissa said...

If you ever need a gym partner let me know:) I need to get back into shape! haha

Anonymous said...

Planking for five mins?! Yowza! That would be hard! I have never done it for that long. That's awesome you found a good gym where the kids can swim while you work out. Fun for them and for you!
Not quite ready for christmas... I still have a little shopping to do. Usually I am not doing much last minute shopping but this year Christmas just snuck up waay to fast.

MindiJo said...

Riss- Anytime!! It would be fun!