Monday, December 6, 2010

It's just one of those rides.

This past week was like going down a rocky hill on a sled. Slightly fun, but mostly it just kicks your butt. And I'm not sure if this week is shaping up to be much better. Although I am now getting somewhere with this Christmas stuff. 'Sbout time. Sometimes you just have to laugh or else you will cry. Z was on the way to SS yesterday and got a flat at the end of our shared driveway- good thing he left before the neighbors. The kids hopped in with them. On the way home, Z found it very important to dig for a Butterscotch candy, of all things, and rear-ended somebody. (Slow-mo style) Way to impress the three extra kids in the car, Z. It gave our minivan that extra bit of character it needed- a hole in the bumper. Perfectly round. From the muffler on the other car. Cute.

(I laughed and told him that this was going to make it on my blog. So glad it was him and not me!)

7 comments:

Tara said...

Well, you know what they say about digging for a butterfinger when you are driving...not a good idea. Coulda been worse, glad you are all ok.

MindiJo said...

I was home with the youngest two, awaiting an outbreak of the pox. It was slow-mo at a stoplight, I believe.

Anonymous said...

Sucks! I am glad that nobody was hurt.

Kristy

MindiJo said...

No, wait, people! It's funny! I laughed.

Anonymous said...

I need to be more like you! I usually cry when those things happen. I need to start thinking...it could have been worse and laugh.

Kristy

Julie said...

My husband would rear-end someone for a butterscotch, too. What is it with that? It's good candy, but not *that* good. Wish I could see the circle in your bumper. I don't know if it beats the peeling paint on my hood but it sounds pretty stellar. :)

Anonymous said...

That's cute. I bet that butterscotch candy was totally worth it. Its gonna look extra nice with the rocket box on top now.