I know every last one of you is on the edge of your seats wondering what I think about the M&M's with pretzel. I won't hold you in suspense any longer. They are fine. They ain't no Peanut Butter M&M, that's for sure. I usually love the sweet and salty combo, but these fell a little flat. I'll admit: a big part of it is texture. Closely resembling a malted milk candy (excuse while I go dry heave) it put me into a mild panic attack over what was actually in my mouth. The chocolate was more crunchy than the pretzel- a huge NO! in my book. Vote (over there on the side) for which M&M flavor is your all-time fave. Mine? Peanut buttah. MMmmmmmm. Or dark chocolate. Mmmmmm.
Do you speak my love language? I just read "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. Excellent, I say. I had a major epiphany. I've meant to read it ever since Julie mentioned it a while back. (Read her post- it's worth your time.)
Turns out, I'm bilingual in the love language department. (Well, I took two different tests. The first one said I was bilingual, the second showed only a difference in one point.) My two love languages? Verbal affirmation and gifts. This book explains why some people really don't feel it necessary to (gasp!) receive gifts from their spouse. Also, I don't need to have a guilt complex over wanting verbal affirmation anymore. No, I don't have some inner self esteem issue, it's my love language. I was really sure that my husband's love language was also verbal affirmation. Wrong. After a little kicking and screaming and sulking, he took the test. He scored a big, fat zero on gifts. It's not even on his radar screen. Apparently. So I am even more thankful for the flowers he shows up with from time to time. And for the Verbal Affirmation I receive. *happy sigh* He was on to something unknowingly...
*Love languages can also be applied to anyone around you: friends, family, kids, etc. So bffitwww: you really did make my day. I feel so loved!
What's your love language? Tell me your love language and I'll automatically enter you into a drawing for a random prize. Even if you don't do the whole gift thing. Drawing on Friday, February 4th. (And for crying out loud, read the book! It's almost February, the month of love.)
21 comments:
Hugs from Andrew. That's my top language. :) Closely followed by words of affirmation.
I'm on the fence about the pretzel M&M's. I don't like malted milk balls either and when you said that, it's true- that's what they remind texture-wise. I love the salty/sweet thing they have going on though. How about the coconut ones? Have you tried those? I know a few people who love em.
I love quality time. Second was Physical touch.
I love pretzels and m&m's and thought what a great idea...nope. I didn't care for them at all. Peanut butter m&m's are my favorite!
Love Languages. I knew before ever reading the book that mine was Quality Time. A huge thing for me, followed closely by Acts of Service. Tom's is definitely Words of Affirmation. I need to read the one for children. I have an idea, but still think I should read the book before deciding for sure.
Ami
HEY! thanks for putting an option for me on your poll!!! heehee
amy s.
Physical Touch and Quality Time...Not suprising, Tim and I do alot together!!! Fun post Mindi!
Kristine H
Mine is words of affirmation/comment wh*re.
I was just thinking about that book over the weekend, thinking of reading it again. Funny. :)
I was really disappointed in the pretzel m&m's.
Have you ever tried Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby? PB filled choc covered pretzels in vanilla ice cream with pb and fudge swirl. it's my PERFECT treat.
Mine was Acts of Service, followed closely by Affirmation. Those two make up for almost 60%. Wowza. But that does make sense to me, for sure.
Peanut Buttah. For sho.
We were talking about this book yesterday. I haven't read it just done the quiz. Mine was physical touch. I wonder if the quiz may have slightly different results after reading the whole book.
-Jessica
Physical touch and verbal aff. are mine. I'm not a gift person, but that's Cyd's love language...have you read the love languages for kids...another good read! miss you!
Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service.
PEANUT! Where are all the peanut people?
I like plain and peanut. Not a fan of pretzel. Big surprise, my love language was Gifts, followed by Verbal Affirmation.
My languages are Quality time and physical touch. Followed by 1 point in words of affirmation.
miss ya
Quality time. I think gifts should rate higher than what they did! As for M&Ms-plain and peanut are good. Haven't tried the pretzel.
Lynn H
Affirmation was #1.
You didn't have my favorite M & M's. I love the almond M % M's, followed by the peanut. I thought the pretzel ones should have had much more chocolate. They were dry.
Physical touch was number one, barely beating out quality time. I will have to read the book; it's been recommended by many people but I've never taken the quiz til now.
As for the M&M's....come on people, haven't you ever tried the mint?! Yum!!
uummm......I still don't know what my gift is.....have read the book a couple of times and love it! I want the childrens one!!!!! I know HOW i show love......Gifts and words (written NOT spoken! lol)
You would LAUGH at the amount of snow we have here to get a "snow day"! REALLY!?!?!?!?
uummm......I still don't know what my gift is.....have read the book a couple of times and love it! I want the childrens one!!!!! I know HOW i show love......Gifts and words (written NOT spoken! lol)
You would LAUGH at the amount of snow we have here to get a "snow day"! REALLY!?!?!?!?
amy s
hhhhhmmmm.....sorry.....it said it did not post under my "wordpress"
also. my favorite m&m's are toffee. they haven't been made yet, but when they buy out Heath and make the switch, I'm going to buy stock in the company.
please see impressively long run-on sentence above.
but don't tell my mom. she's a retired English teacher.
Quality time.
There's nothing like plain milk chocolate M&M's!!!
Amanda H
I commented last night but it didn't work?
Quality time was #1. The rest were pretty much the same, minus gifts. I guess I don't like gifts:)
Peanut m&ms.
Kristy
Post a Comment