Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dear Less-Than-Nice-Doctor Urgent Care Doctor

It's not that I don't agree with what you were trying to insinuate. I realize that I am not the world's best mother. Never have been, never will be. I don't even care. I just need to be Logan, Maddie, Haley, Izzy and Kaija's best mom.

However. I do defend myself on this: Q-tips are not the worst thing that a person could have in their home. They can be used for a number of things, including dusting corners and crevices. Which I do ALL THE TIME. The fact that I had a child trying to be extra helpful and cleaning another child's ear- when I was not home- isn't the end of the world. Yes. I realize how dangerous it could be (which is why we came in in the first place) and hopefully we get good news from a real doctor the ENT tomorrow. sinceyouweren'tsmartenoughtogivemeananswer


I made an educated guess -not from your sparkling personality- but from the fact that you were not wearing a ring, that it's a good possibility that you don't have children. And. You had time to go online and become a rent-a-Dr a Dr. That, and the fact that you don't realize that accidents do happen when you have kids. So I should probably give you a little leeway, because I used to think I had all the answers before I had kids, too. Then they came along and proved me wrong. But then again, it is me. The questionable mom.

Anyway, thank you for your valuable opinion. It's greatly appreciated, as I tend to surround myself with idiots/people who have questionable items in their houses. So you know how hard it is to engage in intellectual conversations these days. What with all the Q-tips laying around. Good luck in the future. I'm glad you didn't choose to go into customer service. Oh, and I won't be able to make it for a re-check with you. It kills me.

Sincerely,

The Mess of a Mom

P.S. I'm glad I didn't tell you your shoes were cute, because when I got a better glimpse- they actually were a little outdated. Not that that matters. It just seems that someone so incredibly brilliant, like yourself, would know these things. I'm just saying.

P.S. You should really read my previous post. It helped me to bite my tongue.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I love it! Who was the ear cleaner - Kaija or Iz?

Anonymous said...

maybe her sign would say "be patient with me; i'm a beeotch"

what. it *could*.

-ethiopifinn, who is signing in this way cuz i'm too lazy to log in.

Sabrina said...

Hey...MIN...How was your day?!?! ;) Love ya

MindiJo said...

Tara- No. Obviously the one that thinks she is the mom. Maddie. It's annoying sometimes.

E- Oooh. That's a perfect sign for her. LOL.

Sabrina- :D She is lucky she escaped my wrath. I'm not sure how I didn't give her a piece of my mind. I'm usually a vocal person.

Anonymous said...

Cute way to tell the story.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

grrrr..I dont have kids but I would be annoyed if I was you.

I like how you told the story too.