Thursday, September 29, 2011

aye-yah-yiye!

*I did it. I agreed to participate in a 50 mile bike tour this weekend. Yikes. The part that scares me the most? There are seven of us and I don't really know these ladies. Except my aunt, the organizer. Yikes. Oh, well. I am going to be able to add 50 miles to my trip to Boston. So it makes it all worth it. That, and the beautiful fall colors that are making an appearance. This state is really beautiful, isn't it?
*I don't like the new FB. I realize it is a free service. But I feel more out of touch on it.
*This Tax Prep class is a lot to soak in. But I love it. My brain is being put to use!!
*My friends back in NM are planning the annual Halloween bash for people/families in the same field of work as ZZtop and I'm missing out. Boo. I didn't hate the weekly lunches with the girls.
*Kaija + crayon = a house that looks like an art gallery. Including my walls and counter tops. UGH. Besides banning every writing utensil from the house, how do I stop the madness?! BTW: it's what I get. I always swore that I wouldn't be one of those moms with scribbles all over my walls. So. Now I am. Be careful what you proclaim. Even if it is just to yourself.
*My company is gone. Which means life should slow down. That isn't necessarily a good thing. I like it busy. And I like having people around me.
*Still waiting on Logan's x-ray results... Don't know when our next trip to MN will be.
*But we have had Logan in PT 7 months post-op and he still walks with a limp. Sigh. I didn't realize it would take that long. We are, however, thankful that he can walk without pain.
*This is my favoritist season. All the sights, sounds and smells- apples, pumpkins, leaves... Sigh.

Enjoy it!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You will have to let us know how it goes.

I LOVE fall. I hate what comes after:)

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Wish I could join you on that bike ride!

Anonymous said...

Good for you!! You could give me a quarter of your brains, motivation and bravery, you go getter. :)
I LOVE fall too- my FAV season. LOVE apple anything, pumpkin anything, crisp air, apple crisp...only if it would last a liiitle longer.
That is so true- be careful what you proclaim. Figured that out a time or two. Best not to ever say 'never'.