I'd take a piece of a Kit Kat bar.
I knew before my toes touched my carpet today that I really wasn't feeling up to snuff. And I decided to give myself a break.
And I feel guilty. How lame is that?!
I gave myself a SAHM's version of a sick day and I still feel guilty over the luxury.
Still in pj's.
Caught up with the Kardashians.
Laughed with Ellen.
Made sure the price is still right. It is.
And I feel guilty instead of enjoying the perfectly good excuse. I almost never allow myself those little pleasures. And definitely not all on the same day.
Guilty that the only good that sounds appetizing is Pirate's Booty and I'm eating it like it's going out of style.
In my pj's.
In the recliner.
In my house that needs a thorough cleaning.
Oh, and to make up for it all... I'm not even going to attempt to exercise today. Nope. Not going to happen.
Guilty or not, I'm making a stand for all of us Moms that rarely give ourselves a break. Yay, me! Just promise me that you'll do the same next time you wake up feeling less than awesome. Then maybe I'll feel less guilt. If not for yourself, then for me. Just like I'm doing this for you, too. All in the name of friendship, right? Thanks. You are nice.
5 comments:
Hope you start feeling better...call if you need me to take the kids. And stay in the pj's, no guilt required.
Good for you for taking a day. How are the Kardashians:)
Kristy
that sounds like a perfect day
alright - what is Pirate's Booty? I need to know.
The other day, Jan and I thought we should exercise for each other, but relaxing? that's more like it!
Pirate's Booty is some kind of puffed rice or corn or something. It's basically like that fake cheesy popcorn stuff. Only better. And I pretend like it is better for me because they sell it in the health food section.
Post a Comment