Monday, June 21, 2010

Good enough.

I may not be a good mother, but I'm good enough. (stolen from Ethiopifinn)
It's how I feel today. I redeemed myself for any parenting mistake I have made thus far. In my own mind, anywho.

I saved my Bizzizzy's life today.

She choked on a hotdog and started turning blue and limp. And I did it. I pulled through when she needed me the most. Despite the fact that my body was filled with a fear unlike any I have known. I'm still shaken by it.

But I feel like a good enough mom. And my babies are all still here, in one piece. That's good enough for me.

10 comments:

ethiopifinn said...

Oh Mommy! What a scare!
Theo was choking on a pretzel once. I'll never forget the fear or love I heard in H's voice when he yelled out, "Oh my son!" And he slapped him hard on the back and banned pretzels for a long time.

Love and hugs, super mommy!

Leanne said...

Wow. Amazing! I knew you were that mom, even if you doubted it. I am so proud. And scared of choking. Eeks.

Leanne said...

Jen - that story is amazing, too. I love that what instinctively popped out of his mouth.

Anonymous said...

Scary...Scary....Scary. Staying calm is so key but I am not that calm person. I freak out.

Kristy E

JoLynn said...

Oh boy...so glad to hear it went okay. I am so scared of choking. I feel like I tend to freeze up in those situations...mostly because the couple of times it has been scary, John has been there and steps in right away. Thank goodness you were able to save the day. So scary!

Julie said...

Oh, scary!! Nothing like an incident like that to make a mom feel vulnerable and shaky. You did it though- way to go. I'd be crying for a week straight after that! Hugs.

Tara said...

Choking is SO scary, and when Mom told me the story yesterday I vowed from here on out I will cut hotdogs up for a long time for my little one. It is just not worth it. Even though they may seem big enough, the thought of what can happen is just too scary. I'm so glad she's ok and that you were there to save her.

sabrina said...

Goodness gracious! First of all, you are one of the best mommies I know. Definitely a role model for me. And your kids are so blessed to have you for their mom. You have always amazed me at your grace, patience and endurance! Second of all, give Izzy a squeeze for me! I'm glad it all turned out perfectly. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how scary!! That would be enough to shake someone up pretty good. Hugs to you. :)

Holly said...

Holy cow.. that is scary..! mindi dont worry you are a great mom!!