Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Izzyisms

I think there is a reason God gives us three year olds. Somehow you made it through the whole baby stage of sleepless nights, sprinkled with teething and topped with them getting into EvErYtHiNg. He then gives you this stage as a reward. I, for one, LoVe this stage. It's the one stage in each of my child's lives that I have felt confident in my parenting abilities. And if you are a parent, you know that is huge. I love the way that they are these tiny people, trying to learn the ropes of a big people world. They put their words together so perfectly imperfect. With the such expressive faces, exaggerating every emotion. But not a real care in the world, 'cept maybe when they get to have a snack. Their view of the world is so refreshing and untainted. I wish I could always have a three year old. I think I was made for this stage of my babies lives. It makes my heart swell. Like, for example:

Izzy: "Mom! I just heard a noise in the woods. It fweaked me out! I think it was a Wion!"
Me: "Probably not. We don't actually have Lions in this part of the world."
Izzy:"Yeah. It was pwobwy just a biwd."
Right. Lions. Birds. It could go either way.


Izzy: (eyes all blurry with sleep) "Mom! My eyes awen't wetting me see!"

And my niece, August: "Mom! My cough is going bad!"


Izzy brought me a fistful of daisies one day and said: "Cuz I wuved you weally much."
Good. 'Cept I wish she still did.

But my favoritist:
Izzy: "Mom! Zane's dad died, wight?"
(Yes. She calls him Zane when she talks to other people about him)
Me: "Yes, he did."
Izzy: "I feel weally bad about that."

5 comments:

Leanne said...

You are NOT kidding! I love three year olds. Jack can't say his l's so, everything is substituted with a w as well.

Wew, I weally wike to go to the wake. (Well, I really like to go to the lake)

CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I love this age, too. Sophie started off from day 1 pronouncing her Ls with no issue at all, but she has a little bit of verbal dislexia where she says her words backward - for example, kitchen comes out as chicken, catch as chet, touch as chut. Its makes it interesting to try to decipher what she is trying to say.

Anonymous said...

Love it! That could turn a bad day right around.

Kristy Ebert

Anonymous said...

So cute! They just try act so big at that age. Its funny to hear what they have to say about everything.

Larissa said...

She is such a doll:)