Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Precious breath
Yesterday tore me up. Although you'd expect to feel only tremendous relief and happiness in a situation like that... Well, I didn't. It was just too close for comfort. But I realized something that made me feel a whole lot better. I'm not the only one watching over my kids. And what happened was meant to happen the way it did. It doesn't pay to beat myself up with the "what ifs?". Because the outcome would have been the same. Either way. It makes me feel a lot better to remember that my babies have a guardian angel. Since we as parents cannot hover- nor would we want to- over them 24 hours a day. *sigh* I can breathe a little easier remembering that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know what you mean by not just feeling relief and happiness. Instead you torture yourself with the 'what ifs' until you simply have to shove those thoughts away. They can consume you.
Its so hard not to think of 'what ifs'. Like Tara said, you have to just shove those thoughts away and be thankful for the outcome.
I was going to call you last nite but I always forget you are an hour ahead of me.
i have to admit, i'm not surprised ONE BIT that you were able to do what you needed to do for little Izter. you are an incredible mother with spot on instincts...i'm proud of you!
i'm constantly aware of the larger presence watching over cyd when she's visiting the biological father - and i am forced to turn over control to God to watch over her and bring her back safely to us!
miss you guys. we aren't really blessed with any neighbors currently...which makes us miss you more!
welcome back Mindi, when did your blog go public again? i'm obviously out of the loop and have a lot of catching up to do.
Post a Comment