Monday, June 14, 2010

I sure could go for a glass of really wierd lemonade...

is what I keep telling myself. I started the 10-day Master Cleanse. It's weird. The lemonade is. And. The lack of hunger. No extreme misery. But it is only day one.

This morning, I was mixing up the salt water that you drink in the morning. I took a big mouthful and promptly spit it out! Nasty. Then I called around trying to justify not doing that part of the cleanse. But guilted myself back into doing it. Why do it halfway? As I was mixing up the second try, I saw the problem. I was using the wrong measurement. Oh, what a difference table will make over tea! (As in spoons) Don't do that.

Why torture myself in this way? Well, I want to get rid of annoying things. Mostly migraines. Lack of energy. Things like that. And this better help. If not, well... hopefully I gave any nasty toxins in my body the boot. Healthifying your life a little isn't a bad thing. Neither is making words up.

And I'm going to tell you about it. Not the worst details. But my general thoughts. Don't worry, you don't have to listen. I'm just doing this to make myself more accountable. I can't back down from this challenge now that you know about it. So thanks. You rock.

5 comments:

laren said...

migraines suck. do whatever you need to do to get rid of them. i abhor the little suckers.

keep up (slightly) informed as to how the cleanse goes...

sabrina said...

That master cleanse, lemonade diet....SUCKS!!!! I made it through 3 days. Not because I was hungry but that crap tasted soooo bad. I couldn't drink anymore.

Best of luck to you... :) I'd try accupuncture for the headaches!

Love ya

Tara said...

I'm proud of you, dawg. You'll have to let me know how it goes, maybe I'll give it a whirl....scary thought.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Sounds... interesting. ;) Let us know how it's going for you.