Which is why I'm getting bangs. I happened to glance in the mirror the other day and what I saw horrified me. Had I been wearing a dress, people would assume I was Amish. This no bangs, hair pulled back business has got to go. Seriously! I'm making myself look overly mommish. An Amish mom. (Nothing wrong with the Amish. I just don't want to look like one.) And lets face it, bangs are fab. The only thing that could make the whole look better is an infinity scarf and brown or cream leggings for more versatility with my wardrobe. That, and a little black dress to wear on dates with Zane. I mean little. Like I-hope-I-don't-see-any-elders-from-church-when-I-wear-this type dress. That would be fun. The dress, not the elders bit. Oh, and flats that jazz up jeans. I'm thinking red. Or green. Or yellow. Something to add a POP! of color when I run to Kroger. And a big, thick rockstar wrap bracelet that hugs my wrist and doesn't move. I should stop. Otherwise we will be here all day.
I told you this was heavy stuff.
And I still need to talk about my house. You know you want to listen. I've made some important decisions. My remaining kitchen walls will also be painted the same blue as my door wall. Except the wall by the laundry room. That will be covered in chalkboard paint. How fun will that be? We can write notes, quotes, grocery lists, the kids can color pictures, Zane can tell me he loves me, it'll be grand.
And. My laundry room. Remember, you voted on it a while back? I'm not completely feeling the beachy theme, I won't lie. I'll stick with the color pallette (somewhat), but I'm switching it up. I'm thinking gray and white strips. Maybe yellowish stencils on one wall. Kind of a modern look. It'll be perfect. And lots more hooks to hang up coats, backpacks, purses, etc. It'll be grand. You'll love it. I just know it. And if you don't, then go sit on a pin.
So. That's what I've been dreaming of during my homework time. One more week of class and then the final, and that's when the world starts to change. Whaddya think?
Oh. And. I really loves Jack's Salsa. Yummmm. You can really taste the cilantro.
10 comments:
Mindi...go w/the bangs...I wish I could but I'm thinkin w/curly hair BIG no-no...I absolutely luv your blog posts...hilarious!
Molly
Leggings, braclets, etc. Deep thoughts, indeed. But when you say "purse" instead of "bag"...sorry sweetie, it dates you. Purse is a mommish/grammish kind of word, you know.
Bwahahahahahaha, Gram!! I AM getting old.
You rock sista. I love your attitude. You def need the little black dress. And some bangs.
Knucks.
Oh yeah, and an aerostar.
my bangs have recently been reestablished.
it is a choice i can live with.
i was fake shopping online last night and i found a super sweet, super short skirt and a super sparkly dress that fit my pretend self. i hope you buy a real black dress!
-ethiopifinn
Aimee- Who doesn't need an Aerostar?
E- Bringing back the bangs! Good for you. Also, I love fake shopping.
Deep stuff indeed. Love it.
change of season always brings on the "wanting a whole new look" for myself :) your way of decorating your house sounds awesome...i always get nervous with the different paints and go with the basics (boring? i know!)
Cami- Ha! Sounds it, maybe. But you haven't actually seen it. It's a disaster, design wise.
Haha! Thanks for the laugh. I do love your deep posts. Instead of bangs though, you should consider bringing back the hair-half-up-and-in-pigtails look from your photo. It's really adorable.
Post a Comment