Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tell me something funny. Or anything, really.

I don't think that I am going to talk to you until you start talking to me. The lack of commentating on this blog makes me a little sad. I'm not blogging again until the comments hit a certain number in my head. I'm on strike.

Ideas:

1.) If you could move anywhere in the world (and not have to think about the consequences), where would you move?
Me? Alaska. Without a doubt. Second choice? Hawaii.

2.) If you could go on vacay anywhere, where would you go?
I could go on and on. But mostly: Italy, Greece, Fiji, Germany. I just came up with Fiji. Just now. In case you were wondering.

3.) If you could be granted one wish right now, what would it be? (I'm not talking world peace here- something more selfish than that.) Me? I'd be living in a smaller house, closer to my family.

4.) What do you want for Christmas? I want a bouquet of flowers each month. It's true. And. I want to be able to afford to buy presents for every foster child in the country. I'd also love to provide them homes.

5.) What is your favorite thing about winter? Christmas. It can be spring after that, thankyouverymuch.

6.) What is scarier, a shark or a lion? Depends where I am at the time. From right here? A lion. The shark might take a bite of me, find me disgusting and leave me alone. The lion would think I'm delicious. You can never trust a cat. Ever.

So there you go. Talk to me!
The strike officially starts........ nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnow.

21 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are not allowed to go on strike so I will oblige. I'd move to Alaska too, with out a second thought. Today if I could.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindi! I've been stalking your blog, so please don't quit on us. Let's see...vacay would be Cape Cod minus the tourists. And my dream Christmas gift would be a Nikon D60. Sigh....Santa, do you read this blog too? Have a good Thanksgiving!
-Joan

Carol said...

If I could have anything I wished for, I'd wish for a bigger house that would easily fit all my kids and grandkids to come and visit at the same time with room to send the kids into a play room now and then so the grownups could visit. Wanna trade?

Carol said...

One vacation I've longed dreamed about is a train ride across Canada. Oh yeah -- and to Sisters Oregon with my sister and daughters to the annual outdoor quilt show. If I could tag along on Sharyn's trip to Finland that would be fun too. If I comment on every question separately, does it count as 6 comments?

Krista said...

My one wish is a house of my own. It can even be small (and cute), but I'm just tired of renting.

Brita said...

Live: Arizona. Vacation: Europe. Christmas: a nice lazy boy chair that doesn't squeak when I rock my babies. Winter: I agree, Christmas.

ethiopifinn said...

1) Northern England, near the North Sea. (or NY)
2) I have never ever ever been on a warm weather vacation. I want a beach and sunshine, with big umbrellas cuz we know this see through pale skin caint take no burns. and a huge tube to watch movies every night. aaaahhhhhhh...
3) i would want a mother's helper who would care for the kids so i can do stuff around the house and who would also be a personal trainer to hold my hand as i reenter a healthier condition of living.
4) i really want a fancy dancy winter bag/PURSE.
5) i love the light of winter...with snow it's never really dark, and the quality of the light during the day...it's good.
6) eew. sharks. never trust a cat--you funny!!

Gram said...

You are so much fun!!
Dream vacation would be a road trip up the Eastern Seaboard...like a month long.
My wish? Can't say it here cause it's a prayer. I mean, well, I could tell YOU if we were sitting in Susan's sun room, but don't want to share it with the whole world.
Fav thing about winter? Closing up the business for 6 months. Yea!
A lion is scarier. Not hard for me to stay out of the ocean. We have cougars around here now and it limits my walks in the woods, which I love. And I have to hang up my snowshoes.
You are so much fun!!

Anonymous said...

No strike...I will not let you!

1)NYC

2)Europe

3)To not have to work again but be wealthy of course

4)I want peace

5)Winter is not my month but I do love the warm clothes and all the cute sweaters

6)both is that an option

Kristy

Gram said...

I'm fidgeting here, cause, really I DO have a Christmas wish. I just blogged about not needing stuff, so I thought I could keep my yap shut, but I DO like stuff.
I'm thinking about a quilt book called "The Farmers Wife Sampler".
I could curl up all winter and not go outside with the cats.

Tara said...

Fine, fine.
#1 Arizona
#2 Italy
#3 Build a nicer house and be living in it.
#4 Nothing in particular
#5 Agree - Christmas, and then right to spring.
#6 Shark

Anonymous said...

Jos voisin, haluasin asua Suomessa.

Nyt jatka kirjoittamista joten tiedän, mitä tytärenlapset tekevät.

rakas,
Sinun Isäsi

Jan said...

Well, I'd like to try Australia. To live for a little while. Even a visit would be good. I also would like to vacation in Hawaii. Quebec would be fun to visit too.
I wish my house could just finally be done.
Funny, but I want jewelry for Christmas. I might have to buy it for myself. Not diamonds or anything. Artist-made stuff.
Christmas is good.
Shark or Lion? Lion I think.

Tina said...

You're all skipping the best part of winter, which is January and February. bright snowbanks, snowshoing on the bright sunshine days, books, projects, naps and saunas.

Katie said...

I'd live in the UP, somewhere in Houghton County. I'd vacation to Bora Bora...google the Hilton in Bora Bora, me and the hubby are going there some day. It's on our bucket list:) I'd also live close to my family, but my house would come with me. For Christmas I want a healthy and uneventful last month of pregnancy, where I feel like I'm only 4 months along instead of 8. Winter around my parts are useless...except for a white Christmas we should skip from fall to spring. I'd say lions are scarier. Please don't strike, I need to come on here and spend a good hour every few weeks catching up on all the blog posts. It's how I unwind when the girlies are finally asleep and all is quiet. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sabrina said...

Hmmmm....as I've been reading everyone else's responses I've decided they really are tough questions! Sheesh...

Let's see...Right now, I'd like to move closer to you. But something tells me as soon as i got there, you'd be relocated and I'd be out of luck. I've thought a lot about moving to Lubbock lately. I don't know of a "landing" place that has it all...I like a mild summer...a snowy winter...maybe a beach nearby...I'm not sure.

I'd love to vacation at Disney World right now....OR the Isle Esme. :)

One wish...hmmm...For man kind to understand the power of their mean, hurtful words. Not just kids, but adults as well. Think before you speak and tell lies, rumors and gossip. It can destroy lives.

Christmas...I'd like new kitchen cabinets or a new, updated house.

Winter faves...Cold temps!!! After 115 degree summers, winter makes me happy!!! I love the cool temps and snow...if we get any.

Shark or lion....hmm....well I don't know. we don't have access to either. I have no idea.

Love you girl and miss you tons!!

Jan said...

I've been wondering about this- you want a smaller house? please explain.

Leanne said...

I don't feel like talking.

Vicky M said...

My head is spinning from all your questions.. the only thing clear in my head is..christmas (best time of winter)...

Anonymous said...

1. I do not want to move away. I need my family close by. There are lots of places I would visit but I like to come home.
4. a surprise! that, and happy healthy kids. Is it too much to ask?
5. I love the cozy feel of snow on the ground, long evenings and warm sun in my windows. Christmas. and SPRING around the corner. Ha!
6. A toss up. I'm scared of both.

Jess

MindiJo said...

Cheryl- Good. I'll know someone there then.
Joan- Tell santa I need a camera, too.
Carol- Yeah, I'll trade houses. Long commute for Z, tho.
Krista- I get that. Funny thing is, I sorta want to rent.
Brita- I totally understand you.
E- It's not even sunny here in the winter. Hmph. I like your places.
Gram- Not go outside with the cats. Haha. I laughed out loud and then told myself (out loud) that you are really funny.
Tara- we should really plan a trip to Italy together.
Kristy- When you are rich, remember me. Thanks.
Dad- Ha. I can translate on the computer. Most of it, anyway.
Jan- I can imagine living in an unfinished house would drive a person batty.
Tina- Well, you live where there actually is snow, for one. And I don't have a sauna. :(
Katie- Bora Bora. I'll join you.
Sabrina- I would move. You are right. But I wish for a happy place for you to go. You need a change, my dear.
Jan- I'll explain. Smaller house, fo sho.
Leanne- You NEVER feel like talking.
Vicky- It's the most wonderful time of the year...
Jess- You make winter sound good. But again, we don't have sunlight here like MN. Sigh.