Somewhere in her blog, she asks her daughter "What do you love about right now?" It's such a small question, but evokes so much happiness. How can you not only see the blessings with those words? Or at least look for them? Whether it's the music of your child's laughter or the stillness of the air outside, there is something beautiful about each moment. If only you choose to see it. Maybe it's "smaller" than whatever pain you might feel, but it's something. During a rough time I find myself doing this, but in my mind I'm telling myself to find the sunshine. Which, might not make sense, because I actually love a rainy day more than anything. It's just that sunshine is more universally equal to happiness. And I don't hate sunshine anyway.
So, what do I love about right now?
*my house is quiet, except for Zane's slow breath of sleep and Kaija's footsteps.
*and the little one with the footsteps found her way to my lap.
*our plans for watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade are made.
*I may not have close family here, but I have really great stand-ins.
*the days aren't as cold as they could be.
*I'm not in the Christmas spirit yet. Maybe I'll enjoy Turkey day this year.
*Yet, I'm almost done with Christmas shopping.
*My sink is full of dishes. It means we have food to fill our bellies. Not everyone does.
*My loves, really, are countless. Big, small.
What do you love about right now?
4 comments:
I love that it is warmer than it could be for this time of year.
Kristy
The sun is shining and the wind has stopped.
I love that I don't have a headache right now. Mostly I am plagued with them. I love a day without!
I love that I took the time out of my crazy busy schedule to blog today and look you up and read this! Miss you!
And I love that we are anxiously awaiting the holiday to see friends and family and get out from behind the camera (which is a blessing!)
Post a Comment