As I shared with you before, I've been slowly purging my house.
And it feels. so. good.
Less is more. Less is definitely more.
It does, however, make me feel a little ill about how wasteful we are.
Some things we legitimately used up or grew out of.
But somethings really were a waste of money.
A waste of space in the landfill.
We reused, burned and gave away what we could.
But still.
We need to learn to live on less for so many reasons.
And by "we", I mean society as a whole.
Spending less, leaving less behind.
Waste is, well, wasteful.
Tell me your best tips on spending less and leaving less.
I know that some of you practically have a Masters in living on less whether you need to or not.
And I eat up frugal tidbits like chocolate.
Please share with me.
I'm hungry for more.
Thanks. Gotta go study for my final (yay!!) that is today. (Yikes)
5 comments:
I hear you clucking, big chicken. I went through the boys' toys this weekend and threw away two full bags of broken/unused toys. I donated a few too, but no one would want most of the junk. And it broke my heart to toss them in the trash, knowing where they were going. I hope you get a lot of responses, to help me too!
My best advice, (which I sometimes follow and then I lose track and it falls to the wayside)is to just stay out of the stores.
If you don't go in, you can't come out with stuff.
I try to esp. stay out of the Walfarts, because I (and a lot of other people, by looking at their carts ;) come out of there with lots of stuff I didn't go in there for.
I sometimes buy laundry detergent, etc. from the grocery store, even though it's more expensive because in reality it's cheaper if I don't go to the biggy stores.
So that's my thought...
I've got my plan for the Thanksgivaway contest. It is started. To finish being executed on Thanksgiving day, mailed afterwards.
curious yet?
Everyone else, better get into gear!
In the olden days...my Grandma Hill gave me a tip. She saw me scrubbing pots with the little green Scotch brite pad. She was horrified that I was using the whole thing! You cut it in half, you see and it lasts twice as long. At the time, I choked on my laugh. At many a sewing club I told this hilarious story and scoffed at the absurdity. Guess what. Now I cut them in half. One day somewhere in between olden & now I laughingly cut my scrubbie in half. Sorta like an "in- honor-of-my-gram" thing. Well, lo and behold. It really saves on your hands & fingernails. Easier to get into tight spots. So there ya go. Try to "unlearn" that one.
I bet 50% of your readers will now be trying this and liking it and SAVING! A penny saved is a penny earned.
Leanne- Stop. Don't ever call me something so ridiculous again.
Jan- Such a simple tip, but it makes sense. Thank you. And I am really curious about your plan!! I have a few other entries, so people better get their butts in gear!
Gram- Good idea, actually. I will try that.
Post a Comment