I have a goal to clean 40 areas in my house before Christmas, thanks to the site. The idea is to burn, give away or throw out as much as possible to make more room for what will inevitably find its way into our house, come Christmas. (On account of how perfect my kids are. BWAHAHAHAHA!) I'm actually trying to discard more than they are going to aquire. Up until now, I have 26 unfinished areas to knock off the list. The two most daunting are complete. That would be the toy area in the basement and the boy's room.
It's amazing how he takes the name "pack rat" to whole new heights. And not in a good way. I was already afraid of heights, but this put me over the top. He keeps everything and treasures nothing. Amongst the most peculiar: my bracelet, a jar full of dead fireflies, a bag full of rocks, his friends brother's pants, (I don't get that one, either), a stuffed monkey I have never seen before, (and quite honestly, never will again. heh.) and a million other random thingamajigs. And to think it's not the first time that I have dared to take the plunge and deep clean under his bed and in his closet since we have lived here. My guess is, he'll make an appearance on Hoarding: Buried Alive unless he can snag a minimalist for a wife.
Soooo. That's what I love about right now. A deep-cleaner house with each passing day. And making up words and phrases.
Don't forget to participate in my Thanksgiveaway!!
Oh. And I really love bagels. A lot.
3 comments:
I have a son just like that! They must b related. ;) I just give him one drawer to keep his stuff in and when it is full he can't save no more. We wouldn't have room for his brother if I let him keep all he wanted too.
Brilliant idea, Bridget! Except my son has his own room and closet. Sigh. Maybe I can still do something similar.
Sadie is like that. When I think about it, it is nice that she appreciates the simple things- like bits of nice paper, etc. But does she really have to keep them in her room??
Post a Comment