Thursday, March 15, 2012

Photo Challenge, Day 15: my shoes

Sorry to disappoint you, Carol. No heels today. I imagined all these wonderful pictures of my shoes in a pile. Yet, all I really wanted to talk about were these babies.

I went to one of those shoe places where they evaluate your stride. And after a lot of debate, I plunked down a massive amount of money (in my opinion) for a pair of shoes. Like, triple digits. I've never spent that much on a pair of shoes in my life. True story. When I really thought about how much I use them, how many miles I could use them for- when you average it out, it's not so bad.
And then I tried them out. L.O.V.E. Zztop once compared his shoes to running on little baby chicks. I thought it was wrong on a couple levels. But, I completely understand what he was trying to say. I hopped on one of the most unforgiving surfaces I can think of- and ran. And my first thought, honestly, was "Oh, my goodness. I'm running on clouds!" Guess what? My hips didn't ache afterwards!! Halleluja! I never thought the day would come where my tennis shoes became my favorite pair of shoes.

If you haven't purchased a pair of serious shoes and you do any kind of exercise at all- you need to. It's a game changer.

10 comments:

Carol said...

A shoe that comfy is definitely worth triple digits!

Unknown said...

I've never paid more than 20 bucks, maybe that's why my chiro bill is thru the roof?!

Leanne said...

Plus, those ankles. Hubba hubba.

MindiJo said...

Lenny. Stop it. Sexy pure white ankles.

Katie- Good chance!

Carol- Glad you approve.

Pete/Heidi said...

Comfy shoes are so worth it! :) The tennis shoes are cute too!

Yvonne said...

i gave on the swish cuz they seem to run too narrow for my feet. how did you find them width wise?

Gram said...

Katie, I dig your humor..and Leanne's. Literally LOL

MindiJo said...

Yvonne- used to be. I totally gave up on them, too. But they are making wider versions now. I am narrow a the heel and wider towards the front. So it's a hard to find shoes.

Cami said...

i always wondered about those stores that evaluate the stride and foot...even told the hubby to go there to check it out. we haven't yet though...after reading this i think it's a MUST!

Jan said...

did you get yours evaluated in Long Lake? I heard your ma did. I'm thinking I should do that.