Friday, March 2, 2012

Photo Challenge, Day 2: What I wore

That's right. My tennis shoes. Not only was I well enough to make it to the school to hear my daughter reading the stories she wrote, I did it with spandex under my jeans. Incognito. They make for a good sucker-inner. Either that or my stomach bug left me with less to suck in.

Anyway.

As soon as I started my cycling class, (thus the spandex) I knew I'd be going at about 80%. But I went. And that's what counts.

When I informed my instructor of the reason as to why it would be slow going for me, she said to me, "You and your excuses! I don't come in January because the gym is too packed" (true story) "I was just sick! (pause) You know I only tease you because I love you, right?" And I realized- the sad thing is- it's true. I've been full of excuses this year. When this class was once untouchable, (I've turned down some pretty fun opportunities just so I wouldn't miss it) I have only gone three times this year. Three. Ugh. My average workout schedule? Eh, three times a week. Versus five. Since December. Oy. I need out of this excuse-filled rut. I need some fives.

So. There you have it. I wore my tennis shoes. And it better be the start of some fabulous fives.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

pound it girl!
you got it in you!
i keep saying i'm going to start up the couch to 5K a.g.a.i.n.....

Carol said...

Glad to see our get well wishes perked you up enough to put on your tennies. Makes me think maybe I should stick my nose out the door today.

Suz said...

I didn't know you were sick. Well, how would I?? I haven't seen you in toooooo long! We NEED to reconnect. :) Glad your feeling better. MUWAAH!!

Gram said...

Spandex. What's that? I'm from the polyester/jumping jacks era. Love the pinks in that photo.

Julie said...

Woo-hoo! Good for you. Glad you're feeling a little better. And 80% is better than I did today. (0%) And I'm not sick.

Anonymous said...

Way to get me motivated. Five!! I don't know if I can do that.

Kristy