Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm not claiming to be St. Urho.

But I have been known to buy 5+ lbs of grapes at a time. Just sayin'. Oh, hi, my awesome sister Tara! Didn't realize you would be reading this.
Big deal if I cleaned the counter and refused to wait ten seconds for it to dry. Whatev. Least I clean it.
I apologize for the horrid pics I posted earlier, if you saw them. These look slightly better. The color of my living room isn't exactly like this. Guess you'll have to come over and see it for yourself.
What to do about this? I need a window treatment for this baby because the sun beats so hard in it every a.m. And I need the curtains to pull all the way across, so I can't add a support to the rod. Plus, Zane doesn't want me to hide the arch of the window.
Psht. You are just jealous about my mad camera skills. I would be, too, if I were you. I'm pretty much an award winning photographer. Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Some pictures!! I want to see more of the yard....I am thinking that I am pretty jealous.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Well, you could add window tint or put in curtains that start up near the ceiling and hang down (you know, a little HGTV trick to make the room look bigger? :-)) Then you could add the support in the middle of the rod, and when the curtains are open, no hiding the arch. You could also do custom blinds for a boatload of cash.

Anonymous said...

And yes, I'm completely ignoring your very subtle hints about how Urho-ish you are. I already know :-)

Laura Larson said...

How nice Mindi! :) Love to see more of the rest of the house! Also, what is the box things between the living room and kitchen.. looks built in?? I am assuming a display case?? My husband would love a fish tank like that! :) Oh it must have been so much fun to paint your living room.. wow.. probably took a while!

MindiJo said...

Laura- It's a fireplace, actually.

Anonymous said...

What is the wall hanging above the couch? A hide of some sort I'm guessing? Looks like the view out the windows is beautiful!

ethiopifinn said...

a fireplace is a display case for fiyah! ;)

Fun high ceilings.

Leanne said...

Oh, how I love your house. That bridge is my favorite thing ever. You've done a great job decorating; it looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

I was blog-surfing and found yours. Cute pics of your house! I don't know if you remember me..I met you at Kate and Glenn's wedding...I'm Donna's younger sister. We both were due in January. congrats on your little one! I had a boy, Max. You live next door to one of my good friends..she's pretty fired up to have neighbors w/ kids!
Myra Nordstrom

Laura Larson said...

Jennie..your too funny! :) I remember you as having a great sense of humor.. Remember me.. Laura Kilpela (larson now) Krista's younger sister..Sorry to use your blog Mindi!

MindiJo said...

Laura- by all means!! Love it.

Anon- It's a hide from a Texas Longhorn. Zane shot it hunting. Just kidding. We bought it in New Mexico.

JoLynn said...

Love the house! Looks like you have the same kind of 3-sided fireplace going on as we do. I will email you a link to a picture I found of drapes on a curved window(it's not working for me to paste it here). Maybe it will help you...or maybe not. :)

Anonymous said...

Tara,

You can come and decorate my house! You always have ideas.

Mindi-I forgot to mention how in the world your house is so clean when you have children running around.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Um, I don't know what to do about window treatments, that's sister Tara's job. But I love your house! Looks a little more roomier than your old house!

Julie said...

Your house is gorgeous. Love your decor! Yeah, not sure about the window thing, unless you did something sheer to just diffuse the light.