Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home.

Everything happens for a reason. And it makes complete sense to me why we didn't end up in MI four years ago. Like I had hoped. We took a little detour that changed our life and outlook. And collected up some wonderful friends and memories along the way. (Even C & M and D & S. They wouldn't have meant as much to us as they do, had we not met them so far from here) I am forever thankful for that. And with that priceless opportunity tucked securely in our hearts and minds, we have finally landed ourselves here.

In a place that fits. This is home. This is what I've been waiting for. And, hopefully, it's been waiting for us. Never before have I ever felt like I was in it for the long term. Now I do. I hope this feeling never changes. I really do. I'm not saying that I won't get antsy in a few years hoping for a change. I think it's in my blood, the need for change. However, I hope it's not a moving type of change, because Zane and I both agreed we aren't leaving anytime soon. This is a perfect compromise for both of us. We both got a lot of what we were looking for in a home and surrounding area. Maybe I'll just have to remodel my house or something like that. ;)

I love my house. I love our land. I love our neighbors. I love our friends. I love how even strangers welcomed us with open arms. (thank you!!) I love being close to the church I grew up in. I love seeing people from my past, even those who I haven't seen or thought of in years. I just love it. I hope I always do. And. I love having the internet again. *giggle*

*happy sigh* I'm a lucky girl.

9 comments:

Julie said...

You're ba-ack! Hurray!

And I'm so happy for you. Your entry was full of joy and I loved it.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back in the cyber world! I've missed you. Can't wait to come and visit you and yours. It'll be so nice having you 'close' again :-) At least close enough for a long weekend without driving for 44 hours to make it happen!!! Yucky!

Cheryl said...

Glad to hear you are settling in and loving it. Good to hear from you again.

Leanne said...

Joy. All over the place.

And I'm really happy to have you back. I know you needed time to get settled, but I missed you.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say I bawled like a baby when I read this.......not because I was sad, but because you are so very happy there! (but i still miss you!)

<3

Amy S

sabrina said...

I can hear the sheer giddiness in your post! I loved calling and hearing "Logan and Haley are down at the pond fishing" :) We miss you so, so much. But I'm so happy you are happy! Love you my sweet friend.

ethiopifinn said...

I really really missed you while you were away.

How awesome to have such a good feeling and be so reassured that you and your family have landed in the right place.

Welcome Home!

Kristy said...

I am so happy for you and happy that you are back blogging! Missed you!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!! Good to hear you love it there! I thought you were gonna add, and I'd love if my sister moved in with us. Haha. Kidding.