Thursday, April 22, 2010

Past the rapids

I made two different kinds of cookies this week. You know what that means? My life has found it's feet again. That's one of the first things to get cut from the time budget in the case of overloads. And thanks to a thoughtful new friend, (don't worry, I won't toot your horn, Rebecca) I even had the day off to hit a few garage sales. Oooh, how I missed garage saling days. They are back!! And so am I!!!
My garage sale find of the day. I fell in love at first sight. Michelle so brilliantly suggested to use it as a coffee table. Love that. I prefer an eclectic look over a matchy-matchy one any day. Mine is still m-m. Some day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh I love that trunk! Very pretty!

Leanne said...

It is GORGEOUS! I love it.

And I love you. <3

Rebecca said...

ohhh that kind of chest....I was picturing the dresser kind! I love it. It reminds me of the old grey trunk/chest I packed all my treasures into 26 years ago, hopped on a plane and moved to AZ ! I wonder how much it would cost to fly with that piece of luggage(trunk)now-a-days?!

Anonymous said...

Love it and it goes good with the colors and your couch. Nice job.

Kristy

Julie said...

Oh, it's beautiful! Wow.

Tara said...

Love it. It reminds me of the really big huge one that Mom had for many years, and maybe now G and L have it? Anyway, looks great and makes a perfect coffee table.

Michelle F said...

LOVE it! :)