I feel like a fraud. Yesterday's post was so joyful, almost gag-me joyful. At the time, I was. But it was short lived. I think the stress and busyness of the last couple months had started to come down on top of me. Picture me standing in a tent as it starts to cave in. Madly trying to hold it up. I got it back up, just a little cock-eyed. I actually said, "Ha!" out loud as I stood completely overwhelmed and thought about my overly happy post earlier in the day. The truth of the matter is that I do love the things that I said I love. I just have a lot of small, medium and large things piling up that I don't love. Gah. Life's never perfect, is it? I'm feeling a little more even keeled today.
The remedy? I held my (happy) baby in my arms while having an adult and much needed conversation with my husband yesterday. Turns out, he's feeling as out of sorts as me and that's unlike him. In a weird way, it's comforting to know that I'm not the only that feels "piled up on". So does he. It's nice to have someone to trudge through things with. Misery loves company, after all. You can join us if you want. ;)
4 comments:
New schedules, schools, neighbors, grocery, gas station, doctors, speed limits, new accounts...lots of stuff with your new address!
i just love it when i find out my husband is feeling wierd about the stuff I am. makes it easier to deal.
wishing you well!
Hope things even out soon...thinking of you.
Great post because although I didn't move there is a work/life balance issue with me right now and I feel that I am in a room screaming and nobody is listening to me so I needed this post.
As always.....you are amazing at looking at all the positives!
Kristy
Amazing how those little ones can ground us and make us stop to take a breather. And hubbies too.
Post a Comment