Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I like to move it, move it.

Recently, I ran into some poppy seeds at the grocery store.  Okay, I didn't actually run into them, I just found them.  Apparently, I've been looking for seeds in all the wrong places.  (I know my sister, Tara, just burst into song when she read this, "Looking for love in all the wrong places..." I know she did, because I did.  It's something we both do.) 

The top picture is courtesy of Izzy, who- if you look closely- was able to capture bokeh in the background.  Woot!
Since I try to always have a bag of lemons on hand, I knew I was ready to tackle one of my favorites.  Lemon poppy seed bread.  Yummmmmmmmm.
(If you have a good recipe that includes real lemon juice in the bread vs lemon pudding, lemon yogurt, or the juice in the frosting- PLEASE give me a holler. This called for lemon zest in the bread, with lemon juice in the frosting.  Good, but not what I'm looking for.)  My life is about to get a little seedier.  In a lemon poppy way. It's a good thing.

For these pictures below, I meant to just put the middle picture for each of them, as they represented motion well, but I just love the sequence.  (And run-on sentences.)  The way Kaija peeks into the bowl before she throws the flour in.  Oooh. Squish those cheeks. 


 And the smile!  They both smiled after they put their portion in.  They smiled.  I would not have caught that if it hadn't been for my camera.  It paid for itself in that moment.  Ahhh, kids are happy with the little things, aren't they?



I shall be, too.  Well, once I find that perfect lemon poppy seed recipe.

9 comments:

Gram said...

Perfect. Love the candid reality. And I love those smiles of satisfaction.

ethiopifinn said...

yes, the smiles.

Anonymous said...

Send them to my kitchen:)

Kristy

Yvonne said...

cute movement!

Leanne said...

I love those photos and those smiles and that lemon poppyseed bread. mmm...

Leanne said...

I love those photos and those smiles and that lemon poppyseed bread. mmm...

Cami said...

love the movement with the baking!

Julie said...

Yum. How'd it turn out? Those girls are so precious. <3

MindiJo said...

It was pretty good, Julie. Not exactly what I had in mind. But, close.