Tuesday, May 1, 2012

There it is! Gone.

You put your right foot in, you put your right foot out, you put your right foot in and shake it all about,
You do the bokeh-bokeh and you... ahh, well.  Never mind.  SUPER CHEESY. And, some argue bokeh is pronounced more like "bouquet".  This, I learned when I was researching how to achieve bokeh.  What is it, you ask?  It's those little blurry circles of light in the background, in a nutshell.  Again, some will argue that point, too.  I've geeked out over this.
(pardon the glare on the glasses)  See it up there in the upper right hand  corner of the picture?

Or on the ice cubes in my water?
I'll have you know, I worked on Bokeh for.ev.er. I had a picture of bokeh coming from a tea pot.
(so it looked like steam) And then that's when I went ahead and deleted 171 pictures off of my computer that I hadn't burned to cd's yet.  That one included.  I died a little inside. 

While I hate to have a picture of me up here, I had to share it.  Because, I absolutely love the background in this picture.  You could see the bokeh a little better when it was in color, but I looked really washed out- so that wasn't happenin'. Zane told me he was quick trying to take the picture before I turned towards the camera.  What he doesn't know is that I knew he was taking the picture (duh, he was right across the table from me, I could see him) and so there wasn't a snowballs chance in you-know-where that I was going to look.  (BTW, if you are ever in Grand Haven, you need to try Kirby's Grill.  I swore I was in heaven there for a few minutes.)

Did you bokeh? I know these ladies will:

Leanne
Ethiopifinn
Barb
Yvonne
Cami
Katie
Ann (on FB)
Sharyn
Sue

You can find my challenge right here.

10 comments:

Cami said...

I have yet to figure this one out, I should have monkeyed around with it last week and got ahead of the game....maybe I'll figure it out before this challenge is over :)

Yvonne said...

well, i'm glad you didn't die all the way through. ;)
I was doing my homework last night for today's assignment and all i know is it would have been much easier if the Christmas tree was still up. geesh. and now for tomorrow you have us capturing movement. you are one TOUGH teacher, girl! i have n.e.v.e.r. been able to capture movement. so i'm off to find some cars for kids, you know stuff that creates lots of movement.... good luck everybody!!

Yvonne said...

meant to say, "cars OR kids."

MindiJo said...

Cami- I bet you've captured it in a photo. Look through what you have. You probably did it without trying.

Yvonne- Oh, see movement is a fun one for me. Then again, I have two little girls with me all day.

Sue said...

Okay, you got me in on this too...not that anyone looks for anything on my neglected blog.

Anonymous said...

Should have read this post before the most recent.

It is nice to see you on the blog!

Kristy

Anonymous said...

I'm all caught up now.
~ann b.

T said...

Love Log's glsses, and LOVE the new camera. What kind is it? Email me....

Julie said...

Cool photos! Love the last one. Great self-portrait!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.