It has sparked a little bit of a controversy. I get it.
I'm sure it's hard for some people to see.
Yet, it is so important to never forget and never let history repeat itself.
This was the actual bus that Rosa Parks sat in and refused to move.
I felt honored to set foot on it.
You can actually hear her speak while you sit.
The whole experience was overwhelming.
I hope I have a fraction of her courage to stand up for what is right.
How far we've come! I am proud to be an American.
And I thank heaven for those who came before me and paved the road to equality.
I realize it might not be completed, still slightly bumpy in spots.
But, it's a lot closer than it once was.
And for that, we can be thankful.






5 comments:
AMEN. I would love to visit that museum someday. PS I know which sign I'm photographing, but I won't be near it until Monday. :)
so very true! :)
nicely put! and great photos too.
Looks like a very cool museum
~ann b.
I can't imagine the feeling being on that bus. The fountains are so crazy.
Kristy
Post a Comment